Welcome to our new wholesale website www.paperrosestudio.com ALL prices are in US Dollars

Not a Shop ?

Browse our retail website www.paperrose.com.au

ITEM PRICES NOW INCLUDE SHIPPING

USA WHOLESALE ORDERS - LOG IN REQUIRED- DISCOUNT APPLIED AT CHECKOUT

Browse our retail website @ www.paperrose.com.au

Happy Birthday - Karen McKibbin

Happy Birthday - Karen McKibbin

Tania Ridgwell |

Hello and welcome back!  My card today has loads of texture - it actually feels like a stucco wall.  Here's a look at it.
 
 
This is an A2 sized card so 4.25" x 5.5".  I used a card front that measured the same as the card base, and started by applying the inks randomly across the paper, trying to get a good blend of the inks.  Once I was happy with the ink blending, I die cut the window out of the upper part of the card, and saved the little brick pieces and the arched interior frame.
Next, I mixed in the same inks into a little of the modelling paste and applied that over the card front.  I wanted a stucco looking finish, so I used a spatula and after spreading the paste all over, used a lifting kind of motion to get the paste to lift up in a stucco type appearance.  It was really quite easy to get that look, and it didn't take long for the paste to dry.  It was a little light in colour after it dried, so I did some more ink blending over it with foam applicators to get the right colour. 
For the window, I used a scrap of thick acetate, and glued the ink blended frame onto it.  I also die cut the window portion of the die from white cardstock, and glued this inside the coloured frame on the acetate.  Then I fussy cut the window out of the acetate, but left a border on the left straight edge of the window.  This was only about 1/4" to 1/2" wide, just enough to allow me to glue the window to the back of the card front.  I folded the border to the back and pinched along the fold before attaching it to the back of the card front.  I then glued the whole card front with the attached window to my card base and used acrylic blocks to let it set up.
I added scrap strips of cardstock to the back of some of the bricks and to the long piece under the window, and then randomly glued these back in place.  I glued the beautiful Rainbow Garden Floral image into the window opening, and attached the Rainbow Garden butterfly.  The birthday sentiment was cut from gold mirror cardstock once and twice from white cardstock and layered together before gluing in place on the card front.  The "Happy" sentiment came from the Happy Birthday foiled sentiment sheets set.  I wish that you could feel the "stucco" on this card as it really is realistic!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!

 

Leave a comment

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.